Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

January 15, 2008

I went to school just like I normally do and had a great day. After car duty dismissal time, I went to the bathroom and noticed that I was bleeding a little. I tried not to freak out and asked a fellow teacher if I should be concerned, and she suggested to call the dr. to be sure. Doctors offices were about to close, so Dr. Chauhan called Methodist Hospital in Germantown to tell them I was coming in. Doug drove me to the hospital and I was admitted that evening. After an examination, ultrasound, being hooked to machines, they discovered that I was having contractions. They gave me steroids to help Addison's lungs to develop, and gave me medicine at the strongest doses to stop contractions...after several rounds (me being really out of it) it didn't work. They did a test called fetal fibronectin (a new test to determine if there is a probability to have a premature birth)...and this was positive...so I had to stay at the hospital. I was in shock and after a couple of hours it hit me and I started crying uncontrollably because I realized that I was only 28 weeks pregnant...I was really scared. After a couple of days of various tests and medicines, it was determined that I had to stay and so they moved me to a room to stay for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment