Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2008

January 29, 2008

Jane was my nurse this evening again...we established great rapport...she was so sweet and sociable which I love! Doug was going back and forth from work to the hospital which was wearing down on him, so this evening he was going to go home after work and get some rest. Of course I didn't have any visitors the whole day and I asked him if he would please, please come and watch my favorite show House with me...and he agreed of course! House was on from 8:00-9:00. At 9:00 on the dot...I felt as if I peed the bed. I said to my husband, "Doug, I think I peed the bed but I didn't feel the urge to...I was embarassed...he told me to go to the bathroom. On my way it is gushing all over the floor...Doug called for Jane the nurse. She came in and told me everything was going to be ok...I kept apologizing because I was embarassed. She told me my water broke said the lady next door's water broke and that they didn't have to deliver the baby or something like that...I was in shock so I don't remember specifically. Another nurse came in and they unhooked everything and said that Dr. Crenshaw was on duty and that he was at another hospital and would be here soon to deliver my baby. I totally lost it at that point...I was crying and shaking because I was scared and nervous because I was only 30 weeks pregnant...too early for a baby! They moved me down the labor and delivery...the contractions were horrible...had to stay lying down. I was freaking out because I knew I had to have a C-section and a spinal tap. Water breakage is still gushing after an hour and a half when they took me to the O.R. for the C-section. They had to completely wipe me from head to toe...I was embarassed and kept apologizing. The anesthesiologist explained the spinal tap and he did it, and I said, "that was it?!" I didn't even cry...so brave! Doug came in and at 11:45P.M. Dr. Crenshaw delivered our baby girl! She cried and I was able to look at her for a brief second and they took her to the NICU. They put me back in a room upstairs to recover. Doug had to wait a couple of hours and then was able to go see our baby girl. I had to wait until the next morning...I saw her and cried!

No comments:

Post a Comment